Announces Complete Changeover to LED Lighting
| Trinity Church has
completed it's conversion to efficient, high output LED lighting in the
Narthex, Nave, and Sanctuary. This involved replacing 227 lamps and 21
complete fixtures. Before the conversion, 30,000 watts were needed to
light these areas. Using new LED technology, we have been able to lower
this to 3,000 watts. This represents the removal of 27,000 watts per
hour off the power grid, and a substantial utility savings for Trinity!
One of the challenges to such a project has been to maintain the warm
look of incandescent lighting. Because of some recent advances in the
products available, we have been able to maintain the
"classic" look. (See picture above.)
Update: The Conference Room has now been added to the list of rooms converted to LED lighting. 640 watts of florescent lighting have been changed to 78 watts of LED lighting. Although a more modest project in nature, this room sees a lot of use. In Addition, all three public bathrooms have been changed over dropping the demand from 400 to 144 watts.
Trinity has a long history of finding ways to be kind to the environment. Some came in the design of the new building, others were added along the way. These include:
* Gas fired furnaces for heating and hot water. (As opposed to Oil and Electric.)
* Hallways lit with Skylights which eliminate the need for artificial lighting during daylight.
* A two-stage cooling system that checks for cool air outside and if available, circulates that as opposed to starting the main air-conditioners.
* Motion detectors in the public bathrooms to insure the lights are turned off after use.
* PECO Smart-Ideas thermostat system that allows cooling to be coordinated with the utility at peak-demand times.
* Energy efficient and modern environmentally friendly office copy equipment.
* In-house recycling and separation of all waste products generated.
We are not stopping there! Several new projects are in the works and as ideas and funds become available, we will continue to improve the energy efficiency of Trinity!